Help and Knowledge
Transferring an Existing Domain to Tagadab
Before you get started
You will have to contact your current domain registrar and request that they:
- Unlock your domain and provide an AUTH code, or
- Change the domain TAG.
For existing domains that end in .com/.net/.org/.biz/.info, please have your domain registrar unlock your domain and provide you with an AUTH code. For domains that end in .co.uk/.me.uk/.org.uk, please have your domain registrar change the domain TAG to TAGADAB.
Once the above is completed, you may transfer your domain to Tagadab by following the below steps.
Transferring an Existing Domain
- Click on ‘Domains’ in the top navigation bar on our website at www.tagadab.com (see Screen 1).
- In the field under ‘Check domain availability,’ enter the domain you wish to transfer without the ‘www’ prefix or the extension. For example, to transfer the domain www.tagadab.com, only enter ‘tagadab’. Click the “Check” button to continue (see screen 2)
- You will see a list of domains that are either available or already registered. Select the domain you wish to transfer to, tick the 'Buy' box and choose the subscription length. Then click the ‘Buy selection now’ button (see screen 3).
- If you are transferring a .com, .net, .org, .biz or .info TLD, you'll be asked to supply the domain AUTH code (see below):
If you are transferring a .co.uk, .me.uk or .org.uk, be sure your domain TAG has been changed to TAGADAB before continuing.
- If you are an existing Tagadab customer, enter your username and password and click the “Login’ button. This will add the domain to your existing account and prompt you to select a form of payment. If you are a new customer, complete the required fields and click the “Create my account” button to proceed with the transfer (see screen 5).
- Confirm your selections and click the “Proceed to Checkout” button (see Screen 6).
- Issue payment to complete the transfer. New customers will need to add a new card by selecting “Register New” and then clicking the 'Pay & Order’ button (see Screen 7).
- Enter your credit card details and click 'Yes, I confirm my payment' to process your payment and begin the domain transfer (see Screen 7). A confirmation email will be sent to the address registered to your account.