Tagadab answered promptly and professionally to all of our requests in the initial phase of our website development.
Tagadab | Dedicated Server FAQs
Dedicated Server FAQ
Welcome to our Dedicated Server FAQ page. Here you will find answers to questions commonly asked by prospective customers about our server products. Simply look at the list of questions below and click the link for the answer. If your questions are not answered here or in our Support Knowledge Base, please contact us with your question and we will answer it as soon as we can.
- What are the advantages of a dedicated server?
- Why should I choose to install Plesk on my server?
- After I purchase a server, can I upgrade it to a better server later?
- Which Operating System should I choose to install on my server?
- Can I have an Operating System not listed on your site pre-installed on my server?
- What happens if my server breaks in the night? Do you offer 24 hour support?
- Which Data Centre do you use?
1. What are the advantages of a dedicated server?
Compared to shared hosting (that is, a website located on a server shared between lots of other websites) the main advantage is that you get complete access to all the resources of the hardware. No other website can cause your server to run slowly or run out of memory because you get exclusive access to the physical machine. You also get complete control of all the software installed, including the Operating System. In addition, dedicated servers are usually much more secure than shared hosting because there are no other customers on the same physical hardware.
2. Why should I choose to install Plesk on my server?
Plesk provides an intuitive and user-friendly graphical interface to help you manage your server, that will have you setting up websites and e-mail accounts in no time at all. Even if you are completely confident using Windows admin tools, or the Linux command-line, using Plesk for most administrative tasks is much quicker.
3. After I purchase a server, can I upgrade it to a better server later?
Yes. Though you will have agreed to a twelve month contract when you purchased your server, we allow you to upgrade to a better server at any point during your contract. For more details about upgrading, please contact our Dedicated Server Support Team at email@example.com.
4. Which Operating System should I choose to install on my server?
This depends on your requirements. If you use PHP, Perl or mySQL with your website, then a Linux distribution would be the most suitable. If you use ASP and/or MS SQL, then Windows is the obvious choice. These constraints aside, Linux has the advantage that (except for Red Hat Enterprise) it is free, where as Windows comes with a monthly license fee. If you decide that you'd prefer to have a GUI to administer your sites with, then a Linux server with Plesk is still the cheaper (and more popular) option.
5. Can I have an Operating System not listed on your site pre-installed on my server?
Please contact us to discuss your options.
6. What happens if my server breaks in the night? Do you offer 24 hour support?
There are engineers at our data-centre 24 hours a day 7 days a week to deal with any system outages. However, currently we do not offer out-of-hours telephone support except on our managed hosting products. If this service would be important to you please let us know.
7. Which data centre do you use?
All newly ordered customer servers are located in our Sentronex facility in the London area. We also have some long standing customers in our Global Switch 2 facility in London Docklands. For more information on the features of our data centres, please see our fact sheet here.